Xplore Engineering ends each day by 6 pm, but the fun doesn’t have to stop there!
While there are no sponsored activities in the evening, we encourage participants to head out and explore the beautiful and vibrant city of Ann Arbor.
Below are ideas for family-friendly activities in the area:
Ann Arbor Favorites
- Ann Arbor food – the best restaurants
- Catch a movie at the Michigan and State theaters
- Take a walk in The Arb or Matthaei Botanical Gardens
- Best things to do in Ann Arbor
- Canoeing & Kayaking the Huron River – Argo Park, Skips, and Gallup Park
University of Michigan Natural History Museum
Visit the newly renovated museum. Visit the UMMNH website to learn more. Open every day 9 am – 5 pm.
University of Michigan Museum of Art
One of the finest university art museums in the country. Visit the UMMA website to learn more. Open 8 am – 8 pm.
Canoeing and Kayaking the Huron River
Ann Arbor Summer Festival (Top of the Park)
Ann Arbor’s week-long Summer Festival. It includes live concerts, art shows, and family events. Find out more.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Arboretum
Enjoy nature trails, gardens, and the beautiful arboretum. Find out more.