What type of engineer do you want to be?
Each day you will dig into 2 engineering disciplines and uncover what it really means to be an engineer in those fields. Through discussion, hands-on exercises, tours, and Q&A, professors and graduate students will help you discover the many possibilities that exist for engineers.
Engineering Disciplines for 2020 include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Climate & Space Engineering & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Operations Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences
*(You will choose 4 disciplines during your registration)
If you attend all 3 years of Discover Engineering, you will have the opportunity to participate in 12 engineering disciplines throughout the college.
Workshops are designed to help participants understand the many aspects of each engineering discipline. Adults and kids attend the workshops together. Below is the standard workshop structure:
- Introduction to the engineering discipline (10 mins)
- Hands-on exercise incorporating engineering disciplines (1.5 hrs)
- Lab tours to examine various research areas (1 hr)
- Job and industry discussion (20 mins)